1 red bell pepper
1 yellow bell pepper
1 orange bell pepper
16 oz feta cheese
10 oz pitted or sliced black olives
12 oz tricolor rotini pasta
1/2 lb cherry or grape tomatoes
1/2 cup olive oil
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1/2 tbsp lemon juice
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp dried basil
1 tbsp white sugar
- Boil water in a medium sized pan.
- Prep your peppers. Wash them first, then carefully cut the stem out of each one.
- Cut the pepper into halves from top to bottom, and rinse out what you can of the seeds.
- Cut into slices. I personally prefer to cut them in half afterwards, but that is optional.
- Put sliced peppers in a large bowl.
- Slice grape tomatoes into halves and add in with peppers. Add black olives.
- By now, you should be ready to cook your pasta. Once it is done, strain the noodles, rinse with cold water, and add it into the bowl as well.
- In a separate bowl, stir together olive oil, red wine vinegar, lemon juice, dried basil, onion powder, garlic powder, sugar, and red pepper flakes. Add mixture into large bowl.
- Stir in crumbled feta cheese.
- Chill before serving. If you have a balsamic fig glaze, you should try drizzling some on top of the serving for an additional sweetness!