8 oz shredded Italian cheese
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tsp dried basil
1 tsp dried oregano
1/2-1 cup Italian style bread crumbs
3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 egg, beaten
2 cups marinara sauce
About 10 stalks kale
to taste Olive oil
to taste Salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove kale from stems and chop into small pieces. Cook kale in the olive oil until tender, adding salt and pepper to taste. Let cool.
- Mix 3/4 cup of Italian cheese, basil, oregano and kale in a small bowl. Add bread crumbs to a plate. Add egg to another plate and stir in a tiny bit of water.
- Cut one side of chicken breast horizontally to within one half inch of other side. Spread the two sides open like a book. Cover chicken with plastic wrap and pound to flatten. Fill each chicken breast with kale/cheese mixture and close like a book over filling. Coat the outside of each chicken breast with egg. Press both sides of each chicken breast into bread crumbs so outside is completely coated. Arrange chicken breasts in a 9×13 baking dish.
- Bake in preheated oven until chicken is no longer pink in center and juices run clear, about 45 mins.
- Remove chicken from oven and pour marinara sauce over cooked chicken. Top with remaining 1/4 cup of cheese. Bake until sauce is bubbling and cheese is melted, about 5 more minutes.
- All done! Serve with pasta and garlic bread.